From 1976 onwards, the temple is run by a governing committee elected by seventeen pradeshikams (local committees). Several expansions have been carried out in recent years:
- Temple has purchased land and constructed an auditorium (Sree Shakthi auditorium)
- Bought new land where the ambalakulam (temple pond) is located.
- A new road was built on the western side of the temple
- Increased the width of the existing road in the south.
- Major reconstruction carried out in all temple buildings.
- New brass roofs were fitted in Kannamkaat Bhagavathi’s and Moovalam Kuzhi chamundi’s temples.
- Stones were laid in and around temple.
- The tradition of Saturday Bhajans is being continued
- New Kolkali sangham was created- first performance was held recently
- Students from the community who perform exceptionally well in 10th Standard examination have been given cash awards during the udayasthamanam celebration